Position Title: Music Director
POSITION AVAILABLE – Immediately and through June 31, 2022 (future extension possible)
Responsible to: Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee
Qualifications: Must have
- Good communication and leadership skills
- excellence as an organist, pianist and choir director
- able to effectively teach music to choir members
- Interest in taking initiative in coordinating music with others involved in worship planning
- Overseeing music program of the church
- Coordinating schedule of worship music
- Providing leadership for the Chancel Choir
- Preparing for and conducting regular rehearsals including:
- Coordinating music selections with Pastor as necessary
- Planning in advance for music to be rehearsed
- Preparing accompaniment prior to rehearsalProviding weekly music selections to the Administrative Assistant by Thursday of each week for inclusion in that Sunday’s worship bulletin
- Providing weekly music selections to the Administrative Assistant by Thursday of each week for inclusion in that Sunday’s worship bulletin
- Preparing for and providing accompaniment for worship services including accompanying on piano and organ
- Planning for alternative special music on Sundays that choir does not sing
- Making provisions for substitute musicians
- Working with the Worship Committee in arranging for maintenance of the church’s pianos, and working with choir members in maintaining the music library.
- Participating in worship planning with the Worship Committee
- Adhering to approved music related budget
- Selecting and purchasing appropriate liturgical music
- Attending staff meetings as arranged by pastor
This is a part-time year-round position. The choir currently rehearses on Thursday nights and prior to the Sunday Worship service. You may take up to four Sundays/Thursdays as release time during any given calendar year.
Salary – $14,500 – $16,450, reviewed annually.
This position has first right of refusal for all weddings and funerals held at St. Andrew.
Please submit resumes and inquiries via email to: email@example.com Subject: Music Director Position